TRIXIE’S DELICIOUS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 8-oz. pkg. of cream cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
5-1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
Combine softened cream cheese, milk and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition.
Fills and frosts two 8 or 9-inch cake layers.
- You can substitute other kinds of extracts. I like almond extract!
- You could stir in ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries and a few drops of red food coloring.
- Or how about stirring in ¼ cup crushed peppermint candy and using peppermint extract? Yum!
- This frosting is divine on banana cake!
- Don’t forget to use this frosting on Cindy’s Cinnamon Buns!